Daily disposables are contact lenses that are worn for a day and then simply disposed of. They are very comfortable and are a simple and convenient way of correcting your vision.
Here’s why you might like them:
- You never have to clean them with solutions of any kind.
- At the end of the day, you just take them out and throw them away.
- Extra space in your suitcase when you go on holidays as no need to pack cleaning solutions.
- Every day, just wear a new pair. No need to worry about how long you’ve worn them and if a new pair are due.
- No blind spots as with glasses frames – all round clearer view
- If you suffer from allergies or hay-fever you are more likely to be successful with this type of lens than a monthly disposable.
- Twice monthly disposable contact lenses that can be worn daily for up to two weeks at a time. They must be removed at night and cleaned and stored with the solutions recommended to you by your optician.
- Twice monthly lenses in some cases may offer better value since you purchase fewer lenses.
- They are typically made from a material called silicone hydrogel which allows much more oxygen through the lens compared to standard contact lenses. This is good for your eye health and aids comfort.
Among the many advantages of wearing monthly disposable lenses:
- You only need 12 pairs of contact lenses for the whole year.
- Option of silicone hydrogel material which allows much more oxygen through the lens compared to standard contact lenses. This is good for your eye health and aids comfort.
- Monthly disposable contact lenses can be worn daily for up to a month. They must be removed before going to bed each night, then cleaned and stored with the solutions recommended to you by your optician.
- They come in different types including monthly toric (corrects astigmatism), monthly multifocal (allows you to see distance and near), and monthly coloured (enhance or change the colour of your eyes).
Contact lenses can be used for cosmetic purposes as well as for correcting eyesight. Those who have a desire to change the colour or appearance of their eyes can benefit from coloured lenses. Ask our Optometrist about our range of coloured contact lenses that can enhance or even change the colour of your eyes.
Why not try Multifocal Contact Lenses? They are similar to varifocal prescription lenses in glasses. These contact lenses can improve visual clarity at all distances including long distance and reading distance combining convenience with efficiency.
If you don’t want specs but need vision correction, contact lenses offer an easy alternative. Contact lenses also don’t fog up, get wet in the rain or misplaced during your day. If you play sport, you could find contact lenses ideal, because they won’t be affected by rain, snow, sweat or condensation. Of course, they also won’t fall off! You can easily wear other items over your eyes, like sunglasses, goggles or skiwear.